Sooo...gonna try this blogging thing. A couple of my good friends have started this and I love reading theirs...so my hope is that someone else, even if it's only one person..will be touched at some point like I have been by theirs. The New Year has started a little rocky...so I'm going to pretend that next week is the beginning of the New Year!
We ended 2010 w/ finally breaking down and having tubes put in MJ's ears again and taking out her adenoid. Felt this was the best option for her at this point...she has been so on/off sick for a few months that it breaks my heart for her to always be on medicine and to feel icky. I truly feel like this is going to help her out! Started 2011 with many of the people that are my greatest friends....and then w/ strep, rt ear infection, and some mycloplasma. As I write this, I am laid up at home waiting for my throat to stop burning and my chest to relax a little. CONFIDENT I will be feeling much better tomorrow.
No New Year's Resolutions this year. Who ever truly keeps those things anyway? I did, however, do a short list of stuff I would love to work on/accomplish this year. Not that these are the only things, just the most important. Here goes...
- Be a Better Mom. Not that I am a bad mom now. I want to be more patient, more creative, and do more 'fun' stuff together rather than 'worrying' about all of the things on my to do list. One of my greatest downfalls/greatest things as a mom and as a person is that I am SOOO organized, almost to a fault. I don't want to stop being organized-obviously-but just to find someway to balance it all.
- Eat better. Totally cliche, but I am convinced that this could affect multiple parts of our lives: my health and MJ's health, finances, more energy...you get the drift. This could be hard because I am always on the go, but I know we can do it together.
- Keep in touch more often w/ friends that don't live here anymore...and those who do;) I don't want to blame school for becoming so out of touch all of the time..but, since I started my MBA a year and a half ago, I have taken on so much that my social life has really taken a hit.
- Do things to make myself happier...which will affect MJ too:) Last year, I went through some tough times and convinced myself it was time to turn things around. I am super proud to say that I have taken on a more positive persona and am pretty pleased with the results. Sure, I am still stressed and a worrier...but maybe just not on such a HUGE scale anymore.
- GRADUATE! This will be the easiest (HA!) one, but something I am incredibly proud of. I don't know many people that actually have their MBA's and to accomplish this while working full-time and being a single mother (to the most awesome girl in the world!), is a huge feat for me. Get ready to party...once we go back from break, I have 14 weeks of classes left. Yep, right before my birthday I will finish class and graduate a couple of weeks later.
One of my favorite parts of my girls' blogs is their list of prayers...so...
- To the gentleman with the amazing radio voice who has been all over the news and YouTube...You have a God-given talent and I truly hope that you are able to turn your life around and become something you are proud of.
- My family..ALL of them. We all have different things going on and need thoughts/prayers for different reasons. SO, while I won't name all of you individually, know you are all very important to me and MJ and we love you all dearly.
- The Republicans we have elected to represent the people. You cannot realistically repeal the entire helath care reform bill. Let's focus on our future--not dwell on the past. If there are parts/pieces you truly feel you have a better idea for..then, by all means. BUT, please remember that you are to voice the people's concerns/needs/wants...and if in two years, you have yet to accomplish anything but to repeal everything Obama has done...and we still sit in an economic recession, the American people are surely to be pissed. (And that's my soap box for today....)
- My friends. I don't want to target anyone in particular on this first blog..but, there is so much going on and we don't see each other nearly enough. You all know, if you need to talk, I'm here to listen and to love you more!
- I will name one special couple to me...The Pohlman's!! They announced some amazing news this past week and I am so happy for them and know that they will be great parents and while it will surely be a long spring/summer..you will have a wonderful baby to be blessed with when July gets here!!
Hope I didn't bore you all too much! It was a great little outlet though...so more to come;)